October 01, 2012

Back to it!

Oh gosh- my two week break has come to an end and I didn't get a third of my plans done that I had wanted!  I blame this mainly on taking extra shifts at work- which is good for my pocket book but not so good for spare time crafts and events.

Today is the first day of October, which means Halloween (my all time favorite holiday) is only 30 more days away!  I have started making craft decorations, which I will photograph and post here.  The weird thing about New Zealand is that Halloween is a new holiday here.  So the lead up to the day is a fraction of what it's like back home.  And barely anyone trick or treats or does traditional Halloween stuff.



 I grew up in America and Halloween is basically the whole month of October, filled with decorations, yummy treats, haunted houses, scary movies, and tractor rides.  I miss it so much, but each year I try my hardest to recreate it the best I can here so that I keep the holiday alive for my little family.  I even dress up my cats, I'm so insane!


Also this week I'm going on a trip up to Auckland, so expect a post about that gem- but for now I have to get my brain back into study, so I won't be here for a few days, but don't worry it will be worth the wait.. crafts.. Auckland trips.. and I am going to be doing a review on selling clothes at Recycle Boutique.  Also a friend suggested I talk about tattoos, so that might come up too..

Til then, xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...