September 22, 2013

A life on the farm

This weekend I travelled north to spend time with my family.  I haven't seen them since I went overseas in June, so it has been really amazing spending time with them and catching up on all the new things.  They just bought almost 4 acres of land outside of the city they live in.  In the next few months the building on their new house will begin.  Today we went to look at the land, which is amazing!  It's on a slope, they have a lake and river on their property and they are planning to get sheep and cows once the house is up and running.




Also tonight my sister and I made a cake and decorated it with the face of her cat, Emily.  It was really fun and great for us to bond.  First we drew out the designs, then went shopping for the decorations, and then made the cake.  It was really lovely, and I love how happy and optimistic she is.  

I must say the cake was delicious!  It's been lovely catching up with family. I hope your weekend was as much fun as mine was.  xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...